Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I code a passenger auto to get the special depreciation and other depreciation to equal the max allowed of 18,000? Program limiting to 3160 with code A

sally
Level 1

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kathi_at_Intuit
Employee
Employee

Hello Sally, 

Thank you for reaching out. I believe I see what you are referring to:

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-drop/rp-18-25.pdf

I was able to duplicate what you are seeing and it does not look like this has been implemented into EasyAcct yet. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I have reported this to development. As a workaround, when you set up the depreciable asset, in the "Code" column enter an F to force the depreciation and then enter in the depreciation that you are needing. 

Hope you have a great day!

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
George4Tacks
Level 15
@sally What tax software? Which type of return? Which year?

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15
Was the vehicle "placed in service" in 2018?
0 Cheers
sally
Level 1
easyACCT depreciation, placed in service in 2018
0 Cheers
Kathi_at_Intuit
Employee
Employee

Hello Sally, 

Thank you for reaching out. I believe I see what you are referring to:

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-drop/rp-18-25.pdf

I was able to duplicate what you are seeing and it does not look like this has been implemented into EasyAcct yet. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I have reported this to development. As a workaround, when you set up the depreciable asset, in the "Code" column enter an F to force the depreciation and then enter in the depreciation that you are needing. 

Hope you have a great day!

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15
Actually, that change was done by the TCJA in December 2017, so it seems like easyACCT is over a year behind.
0 Cheers
TPSmith
Level 1

Release version 2021.2.05

Easy has last year’s (2020) bonus amount for vehicles with the current update at 3/9/2022.  While easy is for accounting - we need to correct data for taxes.  AND with this release the 2021 Depreciation is not accurate.

So if you force the correct depreciation you are ok this year BUT Easy prints Forced depreciation amounts on the Asset Summary reports, but does not consider these amounts when calculating depreciation and has continued depreciating vehicles above their total cost.

0 Cheers