Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EasyAcct Software Run-time Error "6"

jeanlincpa
Level 2

When Print Form 941 for Q1/2021,  my EasyAcct Software shows:

Run-time Error "6"

Overflow

Then the software will be closed automatically.

Please help to solve.

Thank you.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. New comments cannot be posted on this discussion anymore. Start a new discussion

4 Comments 4
DRCOFFEE
Level 3

I had the same problem. I got this response from another user. JayR

I talked with EASY Acct this morning.  I had to go back and RECALCULATE all checks for the quarter. Once I did, problem was resolved.

(Me:)How did you do that after they had been posted? In Manual Checks?

Yes, set your Transaction Entry Date to 013121, then open Batch Payroll Module, Process Payroll, Manual Processing, set date to 013121, hit Next a time or two and it will take you to the first check of the pay period, hit Recalculate.  Cycle through all the checks for Jan the repeat for Feb and Mar.  But just know, the 941 for 2021 has not been released yet.  They expect it out Wed or Thur, however, you can still do your 941 and print it but it's possible there could be changes once the 2021 form is released.

I haven't tried it yet but diving in today. Fingers crossed

JAWILL80
Level 1

Has anyone tried this yet?  It did resolve the figures being bunched up in the federal payroll tax deposits screen, but when I attempt to print the Form 941 I still get the same Runtime Error 6: Overflow error.

0 Cheers
vscpanm
Level 5

I tried it this morning and it worked on the first one. Luckily only a handful of my clients have this issue. It is very time consuming when you have a client that has several employees with frequent payrolls. Oh well. 

0 Cheers
Nicarol
Level 1

What a pain in the arse. For 90% of the checks, when I hit "recalculate" it changes the federal and state tax withheld. Then I have to change it back to what was deducted on the original checks. Stupidly time consuming.

0 Cheers