Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EasyACCT Short GL Year

dkpcpa
Level 3

Is it possible to change the year end in Easy Acct?  Company switched from fiscal year end to calendar year end.  

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
Blondie840
Level 3

It is possible to go into the company information and change the year end dates manually. (it will warn you on a pop-up not to change the dates manually, but you can still do it)  That said, any time we have a change like this we generally copy the company into a new file and then make the change there, just so if something gets screwed up in the change you always have the old file to fall back on.

0 Cheers
dkpcpa
Level 3

Thanks.  I did do that, but when changing the date manually it copied transactions from the short period (Oct-Dec 2021) and put them in Oct-Dec 2022. Wasn't sure what else it would have changed in the system or if there was another way to close the GL at a specified date.  

0 Cheers
Blondie840
Level 3

That's strange, I've never seen it do that before.  Did you change the year end to 12/31/21? We usually change it to the prior year (12/31/20) ten when you go to enter transactions for Jan 22 it should close out the year and post those automatically.

0 Cheers
dkpcpa
Level 3

I tried that, and then it shifts the January-September period back a year.  So it put 2021 in 2020, and 2022 in 2021 etc.  It kept the original transaction date, but just put it in the prior year.  

0 Cheers