Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEWARE OF THIS SOFTWARE

ELITE
Level 1

THEY HAD A TECHNICAL ISSUE WITH THEIR SOFTWARE
EASYACCT THAT THEY WERE AWARE OF WHEN WE PRINT
OUT W2 AND W3 FORMS TO SUBMIT, IT CALCULATED THE
WRONG AMOUNTS FOR THE INCOME. WHEN WE SPOKE TO TECHNICAL
SUPPORT THEY STATED THAT THEY WERE AWARE OF
THE SITUATION BUT THEY NEVER INFORMED US OF IT. WE
HAD SUBMITTED THE FORMS TO BOTH THE IRS AND THE
CLIENTS NOT KNOWING THAT THERE WAS IN ISSUE WITH
IT. I LOST CLIENTS DUE TO THIS AND HAD TO PAY
THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS IN WAGES TO MY EMPLOYEES
TO GET THEM CORRECTED MANUALLY AS WELL AS TO
REVIEW ALL THE FILES. ON TOP OF OF THAT MAJORITY
OF THE W2 AND W3S DIDNT HAVE THE EIN NUMBERS
PRINTED ON THEM SO I HAD GO THROUGH AND FIX
THOSE MANUALLY. NOW ME AND MY CLIENTS ARE
FACING ISSUES WITH THE IRS AND THE EMPLOYEES DUE
TO THIS, WHEN I CALLED IN TO MAKE A COMPLAINT TO
SOMEONE SHE HUNG UP ON MY FACE. 

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
IntuitGabi

@ELITE Hi. Thanks for taking the time to share this. Unexpected behavior is extremely stressful at this time and I apologize for the disturbance it's caused. I'm flagging this thread for review. 

I hope tax season has gone smoothly for you aside from this. 

**Did this answer your questions? If so, select "Accept as solution".
0 Cheers
nickeypoo72
Level 5

I realize this is a late suggestion, but wanted to share regardless.  At year end when we print W2s, we compare the W2 information to the year end earnings report that we print to make sure all earnings and withholdings match to each W2 printed.  Sometimes we may miss marking a box on the employee screen and this is a good way to catch any of those sort of errors.

Blondie840
Level 3

We do the same thing.  Not to sound unsympathetic to the OP, but software doesn't always work correctly.  There should be some kind of in house check in place to make sure things that are being sent out of your office are correct instead of just trusting that the software will do it right every time. There seems to be some kind of issues with tax forms every year (and not just with EasyACCT, we know other offices that have had repeated issues with other software companies as well).

That said, if that's really how customer support handled it that is obviously unacceptable.  We have never had anyone flat out hang up on us, but the go to line from them is usually "We are aware of the problem and are working on a fix, but we don't have an estimated timeframe at this time" which is super annoying.

rcooley25
Level 11

Matching the w2's with the four quarterly payroll reports (941) would be easier

0 Cheers
nickeypoo72
Level 5

We do match the four 941's to year end earnings report, and then match the individual earnings reports to each W2 to make sure everything prints correctly.  You never know if there may be a glitch somewhere and the W2 doesn't print correctly.  

rcooley25
Level 11

The W2 not printing is a different case then. Good luck getting this striaghten out.

0 Cheers
JRC
Level 8

We also match the W3 with the quarterly 941's using a spreadsheet for each company and year.

0 Cheers