Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone on tech support? This is unprofessional Easy ACCT has always been so good.

anton1
Level 1

Withholding is not correct for 2021 payroll. Has anyone been able to fix this yet. I've been on hold for about 2 hours both yesterday and today. No answer from tech support all week!

Labels (1)
11 Replies 11
MilldawgCPA
Level 2

What version of the program are your running? (Help/About/SystemInfo)

0 Cheers
meforBKEASY
Level 2

I'm trying to run payroll today, had 87 withholding errors.  What is going on?  

Did you ever get a hold of anyone?  This is NOT acceptable.  

MilldawgCPA
Level 2
What version of the program are your running? (Help/About/SystemInfo)
0 Cheers
meforBKEASY
Level 2

0 Cheers
meforBKEASY
Level 2

it says that there are no new updates and I'm on the most current version. 

0 Cheers
MilldawgCPA
Level 2

'm assuming you have purchased the 2020/2021 version. You need to go and download the newest version. Here is a copy of the knowledge base article.

Download EasyACCT and Information Return System from My Account

Follow these steps to download programs:
  1. Sign In to My Accountto access orders and links for downloading the program.
    • If you do not have a login, select Create an Intuit Account.
  2. Once logged in, the Dashboard will show products purchased.
  3. Click Previous Years for download for prior years.
    • If the download link does not appear for the product:
    1. Use your browser options to Clear your Cache.
    2. Close the browser and try again.
    3. If applicable, update the browser you are currently using to access Intuit MyAccount.
      • Note: Google Chrome and Firefox work best for downloads.
  4. Once the file is downloaded, select the Run option, to start product installation.
Additional Information:
  • The CD, if applicable, will be the first version only. Updates to the program must be performed using the normal Internet Update process or downloaded again from My Account.
  • EasyACCT Professional users will need to Download & Install the Information Return System separately.

Was this helpful?

meforBKEASY
Level 2

Yes I purchased 2020 months ago.  Never got any email reminder that it was ready to install.  I hope that's the problem.  Also, when printing the prior year W-2s and 4th Qtr 941, which version should be used? 

0 Cheers
MilldawgCPA
Level 2
  • The update will have the 2020 941 and 940 forms in it. The 940 is not printing the federal id number currently, we are waiting on version 2 that was supposed to be released on the 7th. Were you able to use the link?
0 Cheers
meforBKEASY
Level 2

Yes, and I thank you for posting that link! I have trouble finding the intuit login for EasyAcct, when I got to their website it barely mentions Easyacct as a product.  Frustrating, Intuit's lack of attention to BKEASY makes me wish they never bought it in the first place, yet I still stick with it.  Appreciate your help greatly and will avoid printing any 940's today, thanks for the heads up.

0 Cheers
jwd3-5640
Level 1

if you are still uncertain

I download the Info Return system

Download from EZ ACCT to IRS

if you do this the drivers for each year will be there - if not when you update your software in a year you will not be able to print/reprint 2020 W-2's

0 Cheers
TracyCPA-FL
Level 1

We had the same issue.  It took 6 calls and 15 hours on hold over a 3 day period to finally find one tech person that knew what she was doing - and come up with a solution in less than 2 minutes of the start of our phone call.  Another tech had us uninstall and reinstall 2019-2020 several times and could not figure out why it didn't work! 

I don't know why they did it this way, but I definitely don't understand why they didn't send any notifications that they were changing the update process for a new year - and they are going to be handling the new years this way in the future too.  Our office had payrolls go out late because we couldn't get this fixed before payroll day, which we started trouble shooting 2 full days before!  

Make sure to uninstall the 2019 version and then install 2020.  The tech said this will most likely be the way new years are handled, so expect to do the uninstall/install every year now.

0 Cheers