'm assuming you have purchased the 2020/2021 version. You need to go and download the newest version. Here is a copy of the knowledge base article.
Download EasyACCT and Information Return System from My Account
- Sign In to My Accountto access orders and links for downloading the program.
- If you do not have a login, select Create an Intuit Account.
- Once logged in, the Dashboard will show products purchased.
- Click Previous Years for download for prior years.
- If the download link does not appear for the product:
- Use your browser options to Clear your Cache.
- Close the browser and try again.
- If applicable, update the browser you are currently using to access Intuit MyAccount.
- Note: Google Chrome and Firefox work best for downloads.
- Once the file is downloaded, select the Run option, to start product installation.
- The CD, if applicable, will be the first version only. Updates to the program must be performed using the normal Internet Update process or downloaded again from My Account.
- EasyACCT Professional users will need to Download & Install the Information Return System separately.
Was this helpful?
Yes, and I thank you for posting that link! I have trouble finding the intuit login for EasyAcct, when I got to their website it barely mentions Easyacct as a product. Frustrating, Intuit's lack of attention to BKEASY makes me wish they never bought it in the first place, yet I still stick with it. Appreciate your help greatly and will avoid printing any 940's today, thanks for the heads up.
if you are still uncertain
I download the Info Return system
Download from EZ ACCT to IRS
if you do this the drivers for each year will be there - if not when you update your software in a year you will not be able to print/reprint 2020 W-2's
We had the same issue. It took 6 calls and 15 hours on hold over a 3 day period to finally find one tech person that knew what she was doing - and come up with a solution in less than 2 minutes of the start of our phone call. Another tech had us uninstall and reinstall 2019-2020 several times and could not figure out why it didn't work!
I don't know why they did it this way, but I definitely don't understand why they didn't send any notifications that they were changing the update process for a new year - and they are going to be handling the new years this way in the future too. Our office had payrolls go out late because we couldn't get this fixed before payroll day, which we started trouble shooting 2 full days before!
Make sure to uninstall the 2019 version and then install 2020. The tech said this will most likely be the way new years are handled, so expect to do the uninstall/install every year now.