Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

940 release

april12
Level 1

Any news when Easy will get 940 release.  Quickbooks already has it.  

0 Cheers
26 Comments 26
marmac99
Level 2

We are wondering the same thing.  Even Paychex already has the 940 form.  Why is Easy Acct delayed ?

LA3
Level 2

They are late every year.  It is so frustrating when you are trying to get all the year end things completed!

EadsCPA
Level 2

Looks like tomorrow might be the day! I found this:

This is an approximation of the release dates for the 2022/2023 version. All dates posted are subject to change without notice. Additional release dates may be added as needed.

Release Date available*

Release 111/09/22
Release 21/06/23
Release 2.21/13/23
Release 303/03/23
Release 3.203/24/23
nickeypoo72
Level 5

Anyone hear anything on this update yet?  I sent a response within the email product support option in the software and my case was marked closed without any response.  😞  

0 Cheers
marmac99
Level 2

I did see that as well.  Wish we knew what was being released on each date.

0 Cheers
nickeypoo72
Level 5

Where did you find this at? Hope it truly is the 940 update! 

0 Cheers
DLR
Level 3

Did a new update become available over the weekend?  Does it have Form 940?  I ask because Easy Account does not show that any updates are available on our system.  The last update was Dec. 22, 2022.

0 Cheers
4TAX
Level 2

Apparently support does not read these questions.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

No,support doesn't read these questions. 

For the record, Intuit really sucks at providing helpful information to its customers.  The 940 release date is just another example of that point.

Slava Ukraini!
nickeypoo72
Level 5

OOOH!!! There's a new update today!  Has anyone been brave enough to download it and see if it's the 940 update yet?  I rarely ever do the updates until I hear from others what types of bugs are in it and when they get fixed lol!

0 Cheers
parrishfreitag
Level 3

Yes, downloaded and 940 is now available.

nickeypoo72
Level 5

And??? Does it work? Did the update cause anything else not to work? 😅  One can never be too sure! 

IRonMaN
Level 15

"Did the update cause anything else not to work?"

You obviously have been an Intuit customer long enough to know how their updates work 😜

Slava Ukraini!
parrishfreitag
Level 3

We are a mess after the update.  Calling intuit now...

IRonMaN
Level 15

Thanks for the warning 😁

Slava Ukraini!
nickeypoo72
Level 5

OH no!! Sorry to hear.  I hope I didn't jinx it!!!

😬

nickeypoo72
Level 5

We've been using Easy ACCT since BEFORE they were with Intuit... so since 1994.  And yes, unfortunately the trauma that's inflicted on us with update after update has me gun shy to ever do updates until I hear someone else has been through it before me.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Yeah, we came over when Intuit purchased TAASC.  We used EasyAcct for awhile and eventually phased out of it but we continue to use their Information Return System.  The program is treated as an after thought by Intuit.  Evidently they can still make a couple of bucks off of it otherwise they would have canned it long ago. 

Slava Ukraini!
Walp
Level 3

Update is great unless your in a reduction tax state. Update will not allow us to click on box. You would think they test the updates befor putting them out.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

"You would think they test the updates befor putting them out."

You must be new here 😉

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Dianna
Level 3

I updated this afternoon PST, and I was excited until I realized there are issues with the 940 calculations. It isn't putting the over payments on the forms and it also won't let you file the 940 at this time. 

0 Cheers
4TAX
Level 2

Now the credit doesn't work---Unbelievable

0 Cheers
Julie2
Level 4

I just know I am going to jinx myself, but our program update is working well, BUT the update is kinda useless if you can't efile the dang form.  WHAT THE HECK.  Still not able to make any progress with my clients.  

0 Cheers
Walp
Level 3

as long as you are not in a credit reduction state is seems to work. But if you are one of the CRA states you are out of luck. 

0 Cheers
4TAX
Level 2

Hi Walp

Has this issue been resolved yet--do you know when it will be. I have the same problem with the credit reduction states

0 Cheers
Walp
Level 3

They know about the problem. I am guessing that they are going to wait for their scheduled update due on 1/13/23 to fix the problem.

I have given up hoping they would update sooner and just adjusting my schedule again.

0 Cheers