Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2019 transmittals not printing for W-2s and 1099s

vscpanm
Level 5

I have created transmittal files for W-2s and 1099s successfully, but when I try to print the transmittal forms 4804 for 1099s and 6559 for W-2s, it does not print and closes the program. Could be similar to the previous posts about not creating a transmittal file. I have also successfully submitted my first W-2 files thru SSA BSO. Anyone seen the print issue? I tried calling EASY and it is more than 1 hour wait time.

This discussion has been locked. New comments cannot be posted on this discussion anymore. Start a new discussion

5 Comments 5
Julie2
Level 4

I have the same issue with the program not printing the copy of the transmittal form even though I specifically clicked the button for it to do so and it keeps closing the program on me as well.  

0 Cheers
vscpanm
Level 5

Hi Julie2. Apparently I filed W-2s before the "update" as now I can't even create the transmittal file. Now I can't submit any W-2s, and the 940/941 efile feature also does not work. Someone posted that it is being work on. I called EASY yesterday and the wait time was more than 1 hour. I gave up and will just keep checking periodically to see what's working. 

0 Cheers
MarciaM
Level 1

I am having the same issues.

0 Cheers
wjgutcpa
Level 4

1/20/19  Version 2019 2.03 - just checked and my system/program is update as no other versions available. AND this problems still exists. Support is closed for HOLIDAY, yet we have a program that is still not functioning correctly!

0 Cheers
vscpanm
Level 5

I'm not sure the transmittals will ever print. I have been successfully efiling W-2s and 1099s and simply printing whatever acceptance confirmation I can to the client file. At least that will be a record of the date of efile and acceptance by the agency. 

0 Cheers