Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1/21/2021 update installation problem????

YOLOTaxes
Level 3

Is anyone else having a problem with the update and cannot install it? 

I am getting a popup of a failed install due to an, "Improper file size comparison...."

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. New comments cannot be posted on this discussion anymore. Start a new discussion

8 Comments 8
cjsaccounting
Level 1

I went through this every update last year. Shortcut has been deleted. Hope I can remember how to correct it!

0 Cheers
Kellie K
Level 2

I have always had to log off my computer and log back on in safe mode (hold down the windows key and R at the same time then type msconfig) with the network box checked as well in order to do any update from EasyACCT.  After you update the software go back to msconfig and uncheck everything you checked and then restart your computer.

0 Cheers
cjsaccounting
Level 1

Too late to do that! I need to get to C:\ but I don't remember how I did that! Not a good day! Can you help? I called Easyacct but it's going to be an hour before I get a call back

0 Cheers
CGJeff
Level 3

Our IT guy had to make adjustments to our firewall to allow the software to be updated using the "update via internet" option within the software.  Our previous workaround was to download the latest file directly from our intuit account dashboard and install it that way.

0 Cheers
bobtaxman
Level 1
Spoiler
Yes, I'll have to call them Monday morning.  This is absurd.
0 Cheers
bobtaxman
Level 1

same problem, would like to know that answer too. Thanks

0 Cheers
YOLOTaxes
Level 3

I do not have an actual answer. I uninstalled it on my desktop, and it finally updated all of a sudden after several more tries after the reinstall. NO real reason. I have other issues with other workstations in the office. 

This is rediculous. 

0 Cheers
debrastearman
Level 1

Cannot update and 1099-nec will not print on forms.  Need help

0 Cheers