Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1/13/2023 update

Walp
Level 3

Has anyone gotten the update that was supposed to come out on 1/13/2023, ( the day they were closing early and are of course closed today). I was hoping for the 940 update.

0 Cheers
9 Comments 9
Andi1
Level 2

Was wondering the same!  

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

"I was hoping for the 940 update."

Intuit does a great job at crushing hopes and dreams.  But hang in there, you aren't the only one in limbo waiting and wondering.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Walp
Level 3

I have been doing this long enough I should know not to make a plan. But I am  single person office and these delays really mess with me and all the things I need to get done before the 31st. UGGGGGG

wtfs
Level 2

Just spoke with support and they are "still working on releasing the update" they have no official date that it will be released but said hopefully in the next few days.

jackets0586
Level 2

I figured out a work around if you are trying to paper file the form and are in a state with a credit reduction (this at least works for IL).  If you leave the box blank where you would normally enter IL, you can then check the box for subject to credit reduction and the Schedule A should populate correctly.  When you preview the form on your screen, you can type IL in the state box at that point and the form should print correctly.  This is what we have been doing rather than wait or fill out forms manually from the IRS website.  Hope this helps!

Walp
Level 3

Filing paper 940's for all my clients does not work for me. But thanks for the idea. 

As if the endless rain in California wasn't enough. Maybe they should not have taken the day off until the were done. All their other programs are working but EZ.

0 Cheers
Walp
Level 3

What's going to happen when the government no longer allows paper filing. 

0 Cheers
wtfs
Level 2

thanks for the help for the time being!!

0 Cheers
Andi1
Level 2

UPDATE!!  and it seems to be working magically.. Happy filing folks.