To export Client Data to a CSV or Standard Data format:
Note: When naming the export file it uses windows file naming structure. The file names cannot include / ? * : < > " or | characters since windows will not recognize them as part of a file name causing Lacerte to produce an error. Note that if a period is included in the name it will not change the file extension.
- Click on the Clients tab (to view the list of your clients).
- Highlight the client(s) to export.
- Click on Client.
- Click on Export.
- Select Export to file.
- Click on Browse to select a different directory or leave the default directory (C:LACERTE??TAXIDATAEXPORT). (??=Tax Year)
- Enter a file name or leave the default file name (EXPORT) .
- Select the Export Type as Comma Delimited.
- Check the box, Print Summary File to create and print summary information about the exported file.
- Click on the plus sign (+) next to the category under the Available section.
- Click on the items you would like to export.
- Double click on the item or click on the (>) button to move the item to the Display section.
- To remove an item from the Display section, highlight it and click (<).
- To change the order the program writes the items to the file, select an item in the Display section, and click the up or down button to arrange it in the list.
- Click on OK to create the file.
- Click on Exit to close the Export Client window after the file is created.
- Browse to the directory where the file was saved to (Default is C:LACERTE??TAXIDATAEXPORT ??=Tax Year)
- Double-click on the *.csv file to view the exported information in your default spreadsheet program. In this case, the name of the file is Export.csv.
*Note: Detailed information such as the name of payer for interest, dividends, or the description of property, date acquired and sold for dispositions, etc. are not available for export. Only the total interest, dividend, and capital gain are in the available export fields.