Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what sector do tax preparers/CPAs/EAs use for Covid-19 vaccine notification?

LSTAX
Level 4

What sector do tax preparers/CPAs/EAs use for Covid-19 vaccine notification when filling out county vaccine availability notification forms?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. New comments cannot be posted on this discussion anymore. Start a new discussion

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rbynaker
Level 13

I suspect that might depend on your state.  My understanding is that in VA we are essential financial services (like bankers) and we're 1c.

View solution in original post

7 Comments 7
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

"when filling out county vaccine availability notification forms"

Why would a tax professional be involved with Covid vaccine notifications?

Do you mean where do we stand in the order of Who gets it when?  

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
LSTAX
Level 4

yes, but we have to pick a sector and "Financial Services" is one, but does not specifically mention tax preparers

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I feel like thats the one I remember hearing we fell under when all this started back in March and lockdowns started and who was considered an essential service or not, but it may be more of a question for your particular county.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
rbynaker
Level 13

I suspect that might depend on your state.  My understanding is that in VA we are essential financial services (like bankers) and we're 1c.

LSTAX
Level 4

Thank you

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

You may like to refer to your state's guidelines.  At the Federal level, tax preparers do not seem to fit into the category of Financial Services, unless you are in public accounting or support one of the following -

Workers who are needed to provide, process, and maintain systems for processing, verification, and recording of financial transactions and services, including payment, clearing, and settlement; wholesale funding; insurance services; consumer and commercial lending; public accounting; and capital markets activities.

https://www.cisa.gov/sites/default/files/publications/ECIW_4.0_Guidance_on_Essential_Critical_Infras...

There was also a discussion from last year when all these first started, which could be helpful to you:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/practice-advice/discussion/critical-infrastructure-designati...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
qbteachmt
Level 15

I saw a great graph yesterday that I cannot find right now. My State lists this (I am skipping 1A):

Phase 1B
Recipients
• Persons aged 75 years and older
• Individuals residing in congregate care and correctional facilities
• American Indians and other people of color who may be at elevated risk for COVID-19 complications
• Frontline Essential Workers
o First Responders
o Education and all childcare workers
o Critical infrastructure federal employees
o Food & Agriculture
o Manufacturing
o Corrections workers
o US Postal Service
o Public transit workers
o Grocery store workers
o Child and adult protective service workers who are at risk for exposure
o Inspectors of congregate care facilities or like settings
o Critical infrastructure energy workers
o Critical infrastructure IT workers
Approximate Timeline
• January 15, 2021 through March 15, 2021

Phase 1C
Recipients
• Persons aged 65 years and older
• Persons aged 16-64 with high-risk medical conditions
• Essential Workers
o Transportation & Logistics
o Food Service
o Shelter, housing, construction
o Finance
o IT & Communication
o Energy
o Legal
o Media
o Public Safety
o Water & Wastewater
o Essential Government Personnel

This assumes you don't already meet 1A or 1B.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers