Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible funding for COVID19

BeckyH
Level 1

I have an essential business (lawn service) 

Help is all 1099 (not my company someone I do accounting for)  nothing has changed in that he is as busy as he always was.  He keeps telling me people are getting stimulus money why can't he?  With everyone being 1099 what program is available?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. New comments cannot be posted on this discussion anymore. Start a new discussion

4 Comments 4
qbteachmt
Level 15

Well, first, you told us he isn't impacted. Next, the programs available are mostly loans, and very unlikely to be forgiven as if they are grants, so the restatement is:

Why can't he go into debt, anyway? I guess the answer is, ask your own bank.

Next, as a Tax Professional, you might want to point out:

Gee, what you are doing likely is worker misclassification. If all of these people work for you under your control and at your discretion and direction using your equipment, they should be Employees on Payroll. So, does he really want Scrutiny of this relationship?

That's where I would start.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
IRonMaN
Level 15

Tell him to quit being greedy.  A lot of people are getting COVID 19 - is he asking why he hasn't gotten that too.

Slava Ukraini!
BeckyH
Level 1

WOW - I thought this was a professional message board!!!  I don't agree with his business practices.  I know he should reclass to employee.  BUT I can't make him.  

I didn't see any programs that would help him so I thought I would ask.   

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

No, it's not a Message Board. It's a tax preparation community of peer users.

And yes, we are all being professional, by providing the answer that NO, there is nothing for a person that has not been impacted.

"I didn't see any programs that would help him"

Because he doesn't need Help. He just wants Money. I am sure he can borrow, because he has a successful and ongoing enterprise.

You asked about Covid-19 relief as stimulus. He needs no relief.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.