Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a $1400 credit available if someone had COVID 19 in 2021 for 10 days?

greenfarms
Level 3

I had someone tell me that their cousin's tax preparer asked if they had covid in 2021 and they received a 1400 credit on their tax return.  I am not finding this credit anywhere. The cousin's friends also received this 1400 credit.

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
IRonMaN
Level 15

Evidently the government thought pretty much everybody had COVID since they sent $1400 stimulus payments out last year.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
greenfarms
Level 3

This guy that is trying to get me to claim the $1400 says it is not related to the Stimulus $1400 but I have read nothing about getting a credit after March 31, 2021.  This guy had COVID in November

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

Where does he expect you to claim it? If it is not provided for as a Line on a Form, you cannot list it. Ask him to ask his friend about that.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
qbteachmt
Level 15

Oh: "about getting a credit after March 31, 2021"

There is no date limit like that for the $1,400 stimulus money. There is no Start Date or Cut Off Date limit; it's for Tax Year 2021.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
IRonMaN
Level 15

"This guy that is trying to get me to claim the $1400 says it is not related to the Stimulus $1400"

It's March 18th and too late in the season to argue with stupid people.  Tell him there is no such credit.  If he argues with you, tell him to hit the pavement --------- you have much better things to do with your time.

Slava Ukraini!