Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IRS refund delayed

JOHNNYCPA
Level 3

My client's tax 2019 return was electronically accepted  by the IRS on 3/8/20, a month ago. As of today, 4/9/20, per the IRS website  the refund is in process.  Because of the  COVID 19, the IRS is not taking any live phone calls from taxpayers.  What should I tell my client?  How can I find out more information on status of their return other than the "where's my return website"? 

This discussion has been locked. New comments cannot be posted on this discussion anymore. Start a new discussion

6 Comments 6
User FIDO 61
Level 8

You cannot. There is no further information beyond "Where's My Refund?"

Whatever the pieces in motion, now tax return Refunds are Delayed see here

"We are getting hundreds of reports of delayed actual tax refunds now"

Client must wait 😢 🎻

♫ So if you ask me and I don't tell you
Bet your sweet bottom dollar I lied ♪
hillsboro15269
Level 4

I have this happening to some of my clients, too. The sad thing is, some of my clients are getting their refunds in less than a week !!!! I know, crazy, but some are just not getting through.

This is what happens when you have a president who slashes funding for programs like "IRS" while increasing spending in those exact same programs.

(Sorry, I try not to get political, but seriously.... you can't cut funding AND increase spending. How does anyone not get this?)

chasetax
Level 7

I think I heard the answer somewhere - tv perhaps--

you are a nasty reporter, you will not make it

lol

JOHNNYCPA
Level 3

It's been 3 months that my client did not get refund. I spoke to a live person on the IRS practioner hotline. IRS is attempting to process the refund.

Anyone else have this problem with their tax clients.

0 Cheers
lauriethobe
Level 1

yes, I have one in a similar situation.  newly widowed too.  IRS website says it's processing.  the state sent their refund.

0 Cheers
JOHNNYCPA
Level 3

here is the latest, I filed efiled the 2019 tax return on 3/8/20/  It's still in the IRS error resolution department.  There is a assigned taxpayer advocate ( form 911 prepared) but she never returns phone calls.

0 Cheers