Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ineligible for Stimulus Check because of Social Security Number - erroneous data

This discussion has been locked. New comments cannot be posted on this discussion anymore. Start a new discussion

Unichic
Level 2

I am a citizen! Thanks for coming out 🙄! It’s a glitch in the system for most of us. Don’t respond if you don’t have anything worthwhile to share!

qbteachmt
Level 15

"Don’t respond if you don’t have anything worthwhile to share!"

Whoa.

While we are sympathetic to everyone's issues, which are Various, you should avoid telling a specific community what to do or not do on the forum meant for that specific community.

You are an intruder here, so if you are getting some help, you should be grateful. You are still in the wrong place on the internet for the issue of "how do I fix my own status?" We have given you lots of resources and time, including trying to direct you to go elsewhere, where you will find the actual resources and better references for taking the action you seem to want. Complaining here about this community isn't really playing nice on the internet.

Because this is a Software Peer User forum for those who are using Intuit's professional tax preparation programs as part of Professions. People here are on the job = At Work. Not Cruising the internet looking to complain, or asking the wrong crowd about something they have no control over; no one asked you to make a username on a forum where you know nothing about how your contact info, your IP, etc, is being tracked. Have you looked at all the info Intuit is now tracking about you, since you made a username and posted here?

This community is Hosted by Intuit. This is not a general public forum. It's not a Social Network. It's not a Legal Guidance forum.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
Unichic
Level 2

First of all, I didn’t create a username. My username and password from turbo tax logged me in. Second, I looked up my scenario on the net and it pulled up THIS thread. Like I mentioned in a previous post, I had zero idea that it was taking me to this “specialized” thread. I’m pretty sure I can speak for the rest of us as well. We didn’t purposefully come on here to mess up your day, your life. We have a legitimate issue that isn’t being solved by the government. Your resources are futile as most of us are bright enough to have gone that route first. Thanks! I am shocked at how nasty all you people have been to us. I’m sorry you hate your job so much that it is trickling over to us. Just IGNORE US if we aren’t on topic. It’s pretty simple. Being nasty and rude is unnecessary! Some of us are without jobs and needed that stimulus money. Money we have paid into for YEARS! Now try to have a nice day!

qbteachmt
Level 15

"Money we have paid into for YEARS!"

You have a misunderstanding of where the stimulus is coming from. It's from the Treasury; not something you've paid into for years. Not from Social Security. Not from Medicare. And nonfilers, those who do not pay income tax, can still qualify, so it's not even from Income taxes.

Instead of being irate, you could try being accurate. And ranting here is just further evidence that you are in the wrong place, and you know it, and you still want to disrupt this environment.

Your TurboTax sign in is WHY you should be working with the TT community. In fact, this is the text provided by Intuit, for us to offer to you; they coded it here as a Macro. It is a way for me to show you that all of the content provided so far has been out of concern and kindness to give resources that point you to solutions. We have given of our time and resources and even done web searches for you and put the links in this topic.

Now, I will simply post the Marco response provided by Intuit for this purpose, because this is all we should have told you from the beginning:

You seem to be lost on the internet.

You’ve come to a Peer User community for Intuit Tax Preparation products supporting tax preparation professionals, and you may be looking for support as an individual taxpayer. Please visit the TurboTax Help site for support.

Thanks,

0 Cheers
Unichic
Level 2

I don’t really care where the stimulus money comes from, Qbteachmt! All I know is that my husband is eligible, but because of a glitch in my status (regarding my SS card) we did not and will not receive the stimulus money.

Moreover, you absolutely have not been kind. You have been rude, arrogant and patronizing! Please. Just stop responding to me and move along with whatever your job actually entails. I’m not asking for answer from you at this point. Thanks!

Zenith
Level 2

Hi. I created an account simply to post here and say, as someone in the same situation, that I found all the info shared here - even from @qbteachmt - incredibly helpful, and much more useful than SSA and IRS websites or being on the phone with them for hours (which I've done). Especially user @Flamingo340. I'm glad Intuit has an open forum like this, and I'm now more inclined to sign up as a customer (over, say, H&R Block) and continue using its forums. Good job, Intuit!

IRonMaN
Level 15

Yeah, good job Intuit!  Thanks for making it so easy for anybody to become a part of a professional tax community.  I'm sure these folks will be an immense help to all of of your professional tax customers when the new tax season rolls around 😬

Slava Ukraini!
qbteachmt
Level 15

"and continue using its forums"

Really?

The community here, in this forum, is Paid Tax Preparer Professionals as peer users, attempting the use of Lacerte and ProSeries (ProConnection) software, to file income tax forms for their clients. These programs can cost your office thousands of $$$.

Otherwise, if you meant "Intuit" over "H&R Block" as a DIY'er, then you likely mean you intend to use the TurboTax forum, right? Because you would be using TurboTax as your tax preparation program. You want to haunt visit the community for the program you are using, because this here is not a Social Site. It's a Support site for a peer user community for specific programs used in the Office environment.

The TurboTax forum Community at this link:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/discussions/discussion/03/302

And guess what? Intuit made lots of Social SUB-Forums over there, to encourage DIY'ers to run your personal and business financial world and file your own taxes as DIY.

0 Cheers
Zenith
Level 2

"Really?"

Yep. Thanks for replying! 🙂

0 Cheers
Zenith
Level 2

Knowledge is power. Thanks for replying! 🙂

abctax55
Level 15

This thread needs to be locked down.

@IntuitBettyJo 

@IntuitAustin 

Could you guys at least pretend this place is for tax pros?????

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"