Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fill recovery credit for new migrant, they have valid ssa july 2020?

vannun33
Level 2

Q#1.I have a new clients, a family of 5, refugee, arrive here AZ in July 2020, 3kids, I enter #8-9 zero, but it still show zero on #21, zero on 1040 #30.

Q#2. A client, his mom 67 (unemployed) live with him but he never claim his mom on his tax return therefore his mom did not receive 1-2 check. Any advice?

Q#3. A client with family of 5, did not receive stimulate check 1 or 2, they did not receive any letter 1444 either. Should I enter zero on recovery form line #5,6 and 8,9

Q#4 Did anyone know this recovery form is up to date?

Looking forward to your advise.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. New comments cannot be posted on this discussion anymore. Start a new discussion

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Both payments were advances on a 2020 credit, Im not sure it matters if they were here at the time the advances were issued.   

Theyre filing a 2020 tax return, just answer the question on the RRC worksheet, how much did they get as the first advance, 0  how much did they get as the second advance, 0.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

#1 Do they have SSNs?

#2  Mom needs to file a 2020 return to get it.

#3 If they didnt get the advances, you input zero

#4 if youve got line 16 and 19 looking for payment 1 and payment 2, youre up to date

0 Cheers
vannun33
Level 2

Thanks

they all have ssa, they were here in July so I think they did not qualify for first one since they are not here at the time of 1st stimulate was sent out.

But I have to choose they receive 1st one or not them how do I enter, I can say they did not but they are not entitle 1st one.

WIll IRS figure it out by looking at residency status?

THis is little confusing 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Both payments were advances on a 2020 credit, Im not sure it matters if they were here at the time the advances were issued.   

Theyre filing a 2020 tax return, just answer the question on the RRC worksheet, how much did they get as the first advance, 0  how much did they get as the second advance, 0.

0 Cheers