Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entering address for stimulus check to be direct deposited

Shirley79
Level 4

If the address on the 1040 has a street address and a PO Box, does it matter how it is entered to request the direct deposit of the stimulus check?  I got knocked off the system by using this format:

1111 Jones St, P O Box 1111

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. New comments cannot be posted on this discussion anymore. Start a new discussion

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Shirley79
Level 4

If anyone else wants to know the answer to my question, the solution is enter PO Box ### only - no street address.

View solution in original post

11 Comments 11
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Its not an Intuit portal and this isn't an IRS Community support forum, so nobody here knows how it works anymore than you do, sorry.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Shirley79
Level 4

Thank you.  Just thought maybe some of the Intuit users would have some experience and advice for this situation.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Lots of questions, no answers though!

They pushed it out so quickly, we had to know it wouldnt go very smoothly.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Shirley79
Level 4

If anyone else wants to know the answer to my question, the solution is enter PO Box ### only - no street address.

TPA RAF
Level 1

Thanks, Samantha64!  I am sure this solution took many iterations on the IRS webpage.

0 Cheers
Pinky
Level 1

If I have a PO Box, do I put "PO Box 213" or just the number 213 of the box?

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

You seem to be lost on the internet.

You’ve come to a Peer User community for Intuit Tax Preparation products supporting tax preparation professionals using ProSeries, Proconnect and Lacerte , and you may be looking for support as an individual taxpayer. Please visit the TurboTax Help site for support.

Thanks.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
Pinky
Level 1

No, I'm not lost. Someone wrote that they solved the problem to "Get my payment" for the Stimulus. They wrote if you have a PO Box to just write PO Box *** and not the street. That's where my question came in. I Googled what if I have a PO Box for "Get my payment" and her problem solved answered came up in Intuits Community. Now I am waiting for the answer, because it wasn't specific enough, and I don't want to get kicked out of the "Get my payment" again for not putting the correct matching answer.

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

@Pinky 

"No, I'm not lost"

Are you using ProSeries? ProConnect? Or, Lacerte to enter your Clients' Address?

Because here, we can help you use the programs that this peer community exists to support each other, using those three programs.

"Now I am waiting for the answer,"

Well, instead of Waiting, it helps to ask the community that is using the same Software you are using. If that is TurboTax, I gave you the links for you to get to That Community, where they use the same Program you are using.

If that is not the program you are using, you have to let us know which program you are using.

Because that is why this community exists: to Prepare your Clients' Tax return using Lacerte, ProSeries or ProConnect Tax programs.

0 Cheers
Pinky
Level 1

It's not about what program. It's a simple question. Do I just put 213, or do I put PO Box in front when using "Get my Payment" If this is the wrong community to ask, then I apologize. If you read what I wrote, I explained that I got here because someone else asked the question here and received an answer, but the answer was not clear, so I addressed that answer that was on this community. I don't use any software. I didn't receive any link. It's really not that hard. Pay attention; There is a tool through the IRS called "Get My Payment" you put in your SSN, date of birth, street address using number and street. I have a PO Box, so I wasn't sure how to input that. I was blocked for 24 hours by not putting the correct info. I googled the correct way so I wouldn't get kicked off. I saw someone else had the same issue as me. I didn't just come to this community to ask. I clicked on (  https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/coronavirus/discussion/entering-address-for-stimulus-check-t...) it took me here. Maybe she asked in the wrong community. I just followed that link. So please stop with the software stuff. If you don't know the answer, just leave it be. if someone knows, great, if not, I will search elsewhere, It's really that simple. 

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"Do I just put 213, or do I put PO Box in front when using "Get my Payment""

We don't know. That is an IRS site. No none here is the IRS programmer for that site.

And you provided the link to this topic, where the person starting the topic was a TurboTax user and was told we don't know about TurboTax programming, either.

Sheesh; you could have tried it Both Ways, already. Instead of arguing in a forum for using ProSeries, Lacerte and ProConnect, that you are not the one who is lost on the internet.

"So please stop with the software stuff"

But this is what you just did: stepped into an office environment on the internet to demand we pay attention to your question. Did you need to keep harassing people who are at work and doing their jobs and using the forum to understand the issues related to the programs for which they paid tens of thousands of $?

Because we can flag that your input here is inappropriate. Or, you can simply go to the IRS site and put in something, and see if it works or not.

@IntuitCharlene 

Can you please Lock This Topic? It's not about using Lacerte or ProSeries or ProConnect. It's about using the IRS website or using TurboTax. Thanks.

0 Cheers