Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Another EIP Question

BobKamman
Level 15

I thought this time last month that the direct-deposit payments to Social Security beneficiaries, under the law that had been enacted a month earlier, would all be paid in the first round.  What was holding up paper checks was the Treasury's capacity to print them, so there was a weekly maximum.  But I keep getting calls from clients receiving Social Security, who qualify for EIPs and have not received them.

I know that the paper checks are being sent according to a schedule based on AGI -- those with higher incomes, have to wait longer.  Does it seem to you, that they are doing the same thing with Social Security people?  And that all of the singles have to be paid before they start on joint returns with AGI above $100K?  

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. New comments cannot be posted on this discussion anymore. Start a new discussion

6 Comments 6
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

These are the calls Im getting now too!

I thought I read somewhere at the very beginning of this mess, that if they got SS, the EIP would be direct deposited to that bank account they use for SS direct deposit....I'm not seeing this happen.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

Same questions from expats.  They can't even get past the Get My Payment portal which doesn't work well with foreign addresses.  The delay will likely be exacerbated by diminished air cargo capacity for international mail as well as disruption of local delivery services, even though USPS continues to maintain mail services to many countries.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
Water Colors
Level 1

My deceased mother in law passed  October 2018. We still have her home and received a EIP check in the mail.  It stated her name with deceased after it... then had my sister in laws name as beneficiary???  My Mother is still alive hasn't filed taxes in yrs receives SS retirement with direct deposit.  Hasn't received anything.... should she of heard something by now?

0 Cheers
Water Colors
Level 1

Oh of course we will be returning my deceased mother in laws EIP check lol

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

@Water Colors 

You’ve stumbled upon this forum, which is open only to tax professionals.  You may like to visit the TurboTax Help site for support instead.

Cheers!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
qbteachmt
Level 15

"But I keep getting calls from clients receiving Social Security, who qualify for EIPs and have not received them."

Here's my understanding, as an example: two people, married filing jointly, both get SS direct deposit to the same bank. Their info is used from SS and tax return to determine it is one Direct Deposit of $2,400. Not two individual payments as DD or check.

Yesterday, I was able to tell my mother her check is scheduled May 22.

Instead of asking on the internet, I recommend using the provided resources. It's too late to update your direct deposit info for the Nonfiler portal.

The Get My Payment portal also is a Confirm My Payment resource. It works great, every time I use it. The address info words need to be all CAPS. 

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers