Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In case you have not seen IRS Notice 1444

Highlighted
Level 15

I had a friend ask me if she could line out our President's name on the EIP check and I told her to ask at the bank. She received a smile from the teller who said it would not be an acceptable thing to do. 

Another client was not given that opportunity, but got a direct deposit. Attached is the letter from the Department of the Treasury, Internal Revenue Service, Austin, TX 73301-0003 with the usual admonitions about Official Business - Penalty for Private Use $300 Once I saw the letter I began to think about who might have done some private use. You decide.

Notice 1444.jpg

ex-AllStar
8 Replies 8
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

I got the letter, I didnt read it though  LOL   Straight to the recycle can.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Highlighted
Level 15
What? You didn't frame the wonderful note sign by our illustrious President?

ex-AllStar
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

I'm no handwriting analyst, but his signature looks like a psycho.

Highlighted
Level 1

Did you throw away your stimulus check too then???

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
Direct deposit.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 12

"Did you throw away your stimulus check too then???"

Since we are all just getting our own and each other's money back as the concept of stimulus payments, I am fine with Lisa keeping her/my money.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
Highlighted
Level 11

As a columnist for the Washington Post wrote on March 11, a couple weeks before the CARES Act was signed:

It brings to mind a comment Trump made at a news briefing about the coronavirus on Feb. 29.

“Healthy individuals should be able to fully recover,” Trump said. “… They should be able to recover should they contract the virus. So, healthy people, if you’re healthy, you will probably go through a process and you’ll be fine.”

During an event in the White House on Wednesday afternoon, Trump finally acknowledged the increase in the spread of the virus.

“The numbers from a week ago were great, from two days ago were great — but now we’re hitting a patch,” he said. “And we’re going to have to do something with respect to … getting rid of this virus as quickly as possible and as safely as possible.”

“If we get rid of the coronavirus problem quickly,” he said at another point, “we won’t need [economic] stimulus.”

Highlighted
Level 12

"So, healthy people, if you’re healthy, you will probably go through a process and you’ll be fine."

But it seems I'll never get back Feb, March and April, and my full health is still not restored. And since we got sick early, all of this was out of pocket, not covered as Covid-19 and not counted in the statistics.

Thanks, Mr. President.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.