Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

941 Wages

Nikki_D14
Level 1
on the 941 form should i deduct qualified sick leave wages, and qualified family leave wages from my taxable social security wages?
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. New comments cannot be posted on this discussion anymore. Start a new discussion

3 Comments 3
abctax55
Level 15

There is a separate line to list those, on page one of the F.941

I'm surprised your software isn't doing it automatically for you.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
Nikki_D14
Level 1

My software does......but my boss said I needed to deduct 5a (i) Qualified sick leave wages and 5a (ii) qualified family leave wages from my 5a taxable social security wages.  She said the sick and family are included in the social security wages, so we are being taxed twice? I don't see it that way. Just need someone else's perspective.

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"My software does.."

Which program are you using? What happens if you let that program do its thing, which is why you buy it and use it?

"She said the sick and family are included in the social security wages, so we are being taxed twice?"

Yes, they are, and No, they are not. You should get a copy of the 941 instructions and read these as you work through the form, to understand what applies. And make sure you are following the Right Quarter. Each Quarter of 2020 has been crazy different, so pick the right rules to follow for that quarter you are working on.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.