Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2020 Estimated Tax Auto Withdrawals

RLorgeEA
Level 2

Does anyone know if the auto-withdraws set up for April 15 and June 15 still happen on those dates, in spite of the fact that the deadlines have been extended?  My clients want to "stay the course" in terms of paying their estimates on the regular dates and that is how we set it up with the filing of their returns.  I got a call this morning from a client concerned because the 2019 tax payment had been withdrawn, but not the scheduled 2020 ES payment.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. New comments cannot be posted on this discussion anymore. Start a new discussion

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

The dates aren't going to change automatically.  However, sometimes there is a time lag between scheduled payment date and the date it is pulled from the client's bank account.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
IRonMaN
Level 15

The dates aren't going to change automatically.  However, sometimes there is a time lag between scheduled payment date and the date it is pulled from the client's bank account.

Slava Ukraini!
RLorgeEA
Level 2

O.K. Thanks, Ironman.  I thought it should still go through as scheduled and explained to client the principal of "right hand/left hand" as it pertains to the IRS, but wanted to confirm.  She will get back to me in a day or two after waiting to see if the payment does clear.  Thanks again for your response.

IRonMaN
Level 15

You betcha!

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers