Welcome to the Tax Pro Community!
These forums allow ProConnect users to connect with one another in order to share best practices, resolve product issues, and discuss industry hot topics.
Here is a quick guide to familiarize new users with the forum basics.
Getting to Know the Community
The Tax Pro Community is divided into categories, each of which contains discussion boards where you can post messages and respond to other users. You can utilize the navigation bar at the top of the page to help you explore the different discussions taking place.
- Community is our community landing page; helping you get back to where you started if you need to.
- Product Help is the place to ask any questions you have, that are related to any of our ProConnect products.
- Industry Discussions is the place to engage with other tax professionals on any discussions that are hot within the Tax Industry today. We also have a dedicated space for COVID-19 where you can have discussions with your peers about what your business is doing to adapt to the ever changing landscape due to COVID-19.
- User Groups is where you can join groups to connect on related topics with other users throughout the community. This is also where our Community Suggestions idea exchange lives, a place where you can suggest new and helpful features to improve the Tax Pro Community.
- Discover is the space where you can learn about features in our community and how to use them. This section is read only, you won't be able to post here.
You can go right into any of the sections, search on a specific question, or create your own post.
When you search a topic in the Community, there are various ways you can sort through the related posts. You are able to refine your search by product, or whether it has been answered or not. You can also indicate what type of content you are looking for; articles, questions or both.
As you can see, you can sort the results several ways to find the best match for what you’re looking for. If you don’t find a related post, you can start a new one by clicking on "Ask the community" on the top right hand of the screen. (shown below)
As you're getting started, you should take a moment to customize your account settings.
This will ensure that your forum experience is tailored to your tastes. To view these options, click on your profile icon at the top-right of any community page, and choose My Settings. If you've just created your account, you may be asked to choose a Community username - this is the name by which you will be known on the Community, so make sure you're happy with it before proceeding.
Here are some areas we recommend you customize in order to enhance your time spent within our Tax Pro Community:
- Pick an Avatar or Upload your own
- Customize your signature
- Update your biography
The Tax Pro Community Team
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"