Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entering Child or Dependent Care Expenses for Form 2441

last updated ‎July 21, 2020 12:13 AM

Entering Child or Dependent Care Expenses for Form 2441

Where Do I enter child care or dependent care expenses?

Solution Description

Using the Where Do I Enter Feature and searching on "Child Care" clicking on the second result goes to the Federal Information Worksheet Part III and the Qualified child and dependent care expenses column.

The tax help states to enter the qualified dependent care expenses for each qualifying person.  If your clients child turned 13 during the year, enter only the qualified expenses prior to the child's 13th birthday.

Information enter on the Federal Information Worksheet will transfer to Form 2441.

To open Form 2441:
  1. From an open return press "F6" to open the forms menu
  2. Type "2441" and press enter.

Additional Resources:

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post