How to write checks from the Enter Transactions screen
Before printing checks from Write-Up, make sure:
- The bank account is setup
- The bank is setup for MICR encoding, if laser generating checks.
- You are using EasyACCT- approved check stock.
- Verify in the Company Information screen, the Bank ID is entered.
To generate checks from the Write-Up, Enter Transactions screen:
- Go to Write-Up, Enter Transactions and click Write Checks.
- You may select a Check type (employee or vendor) to automatically complete the payee information. Or you can bypass this field and directly type the payee information in the Pay To field.
- Enter the account and amount.
- Click Print.
- The check will then appear on the Enter Transactions screen.
- Print the general ledger report to post (this is not required if the automatic posting feature is used).
To distribute the check to multiple general ledger accounts (vendor checks only):
- In the Write-Checks screen, enter the first account and amount.
- Select Multi-Distribution and enter the second account and amount.
- Repeat until all accounts have been entered.
- When finished click Print.
Note: Memos print only on check stubs.