Before you start:
- The in-product update for Document Management System (DMS) will not update to the next year's version. You must download DMS in order to be current.
- In order to print to DMS from the current year Lacerte Tax program, you must have the current DMS version installed.
- Only one version of DMS can be installed on a computer at any given time.
- Make sure you're licensed for the newest DMS version before upgrading, or you won't be able to access your data. See This License File Does Not Include a Current License for DMS. Error Licensing Lacerte DMS for more information.
Follow these steps to download DMS:
- Login to My Account.
- Scroll down until you see DMS.
- Press the Orange Download 20YY button.
- Click Download Document Management System.
- Select Download Now.
- You can click Run to begin the installation or click Save to save the installation file to your hard drive first.
- Click on the Run or Open option to begin the installation.
- If you don't see this option, browse to the folder where you saved the installation file and double-click it.
- At the DMS Welcome screen, click Next to continue.
- Choose the DMS destination folder and click Next.
- The default destination folder is C:\Program Files\Intuit\DMS. To change the destination, click on Browse.
- Network Users: Click Yes, make a copy of the DMSSetup.exe installation file to:and set the destination folder to a location on the network drive where other workstations can access it to install DMS.
- Note: This file will be considered the current version until the next update, then you will need to replace it with the new DMSSetup.exe during the update.
- In the Enable DMS Toolbar dialog box, choose whether to enable the DMS Toolbar for your Microsoft Office applications.
- Press Install to begin the installation.
- When the installation is complete, click the Finish button.
- Double-click the DMS icon on your desktop to launch the program.
If you purchased DMS and receive a message that your version of DMS is not licensed and will only run in demo mode, you will need to download an updated license file. For information on how to download your license file, see: This License File Does Not Include a Current License for DMS. Error Licensing Lacerte DMS.
If you're just trying out DMS, there's no need to download a license file. Click OK to close the message and to run DMS in demo mode.