Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-layer QBI

Tax310
Level 2

In the Individual module passthru K-1 entry screen, there is a table to enter the 199A QBI info for multiple entities flowing through from the K-1. However, in the Partnership and S-Corp modules, if I have a similar situation with K-1s, there is not a table but rather entry for effectively just one entity. How do I handle multiple companies flowing through the K-1 to a passthru entity?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. New comments cannot be posted on this discussion anymore. Start a new discussion

3 Comments 3
mdavolio
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Please set up a separate pass-through entity to enter additional QBI components.  The information will be properly reported on the partnership / S corporation K-1s.

Thank you,

Mike D'Avolio

Tax310
Level 2

Thanks for the work-around.

Would be great if this could be done in a table like with the Individual module for quicker entry, and also for the software to handle K-1 export/import. It's a lot of extra work to have to type this info over and over for investor clients that are structured this way but that can't be aggregated.

0 Cheers
mdavolio
Employee
Employee

I spoke to the product developer passed along your suggestion.  We'll consider adding this functionality to the product on a future release.  Thank you kindly for offering your input.

Mike