Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2019-07 safe harbor letters when combining all residential properties to meet the 250 hour requiremet

cjh
Level 1

Under the 2019-07 safe harbor rules, taxpayers can combine all residential rental properties for purposes of meeting the 250 hour requirement.  Pro series prints a safe harbor letter for each property.

I would thnk if combining properties for this purpose, one letter would be used naming the election to combine all properties for this purpose.

Is there a box I am not checking in Proseries?  If not I am thinking of attaching a separate statement stating the taxpayer is using the combined approach to meet the 250 hour requirement.  Any thoughts?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. New comments cannot be posted on this discussion anymore. Start a new discussion

1 Comment 1
Kathi_at_Intuit
Employee
Employee

Great to see you in the community. Since the Election Statement is generated off the Schedule E Worksheet and not off the aggregated statement it would not have the capability to combine into one at this time. I have entered in feedback to development in hopes that this will be added to a future update of ProSeries.

0 Cheers