Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1095a and 8962 - Got married in Nov- I had a marketplace plan, husband had one through his work. Filed Jointly

hannie22
Level 1

I was married in November 2018. I was on a marketplace plan and my husband was on his own plan through his work. I already filed my taxes but the IRS needs me to fill out a 8962 form. Do I fill out Part 1 with both of our information or just mine, we filed together? I have filled it out together since that is what we have on our taxes we have already filed. This made me ineligble for the PTC. Do I continue to fill out the rest of the information on the sheet or do I stop there? I am assuming I fill out the rest of the form? I have made myself crazy trying to figure out what to do and trying to read the instructions from the IRS website. Can someone explain to me how to fill this out and pretend like youre talking to a ten year old. What do I need to fill out? What do I need to skip?

How do I fill it out to make sure I am paying back what I need to pay back!! ahhhh

Thank you!!

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. New comments cannot be posted on this discussion anymore. Start a new discussion

1 Comment 1
IntuitAustin
Intuit Alumni

Hey there! Try posting your question in the Turbo Tax community. This particular community is for tax professionals like CPAs and Accountants 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"
0 Cheers