Personalized assistance for clients in case they get audited with up to $2,500 reimbursement for liability and interest due to tax preparer error.
Evaluation and drafting of IRS correspondence as needed
Assistance with communications with the IRS during audit
Explanation of claim requirements and available options
Help with IRS forms including Schedules A, C and E
Assistance with denied credits when tax return is unfunded
ID Theft Restoration Assistance
24/7 access to Identity Theft Restoration Assistance Advocates
State specific ID Recovery Kit™ pre-completed & sent overnight
Notification to banks & agencies if other forms of ID were stolen
Fraud alerts on credit records
Daily credit monitoring from all three bureaus for 6 months
Benefits of using Audit Assistance and ID Theft Restoration
Support Your Clients' Financial Well-Being
Fines, credit issues, and loss of financial assets are all real concerns. The cost of time lost in resolving the issue can be significant as well. Support your clients by offering them a simple solution to navigate the process efficiently.
Resolving audit and identity theft issues can involve many hours on the phone and collecting documents from government and banking entities. Let the experts at Tax Protection Plus save you and your clients time and manage some of the details for you.
Confidence for You and Your Clients
The looming concern of an audit or identity theft can be as bothersome as the event itself. Give clients the peace of mind that they will have the guidance and assistance they need in these events. And you can rest easy yourself, knowing that preparer error is reimbursed up to $2,500.
Offload the tedious tasks, but maintain control. Tax Protection Plus will work with you and your clients as little or as much as you prefer.
"When Tax Protection Plus asked us for documents and
said they'd take it from there, it took all the stress away. Audit Assistance
allows me to focus on what I do best -- preparing taxes.”
- Pretty Y.
"It's a great benefit that I can offer my clients to help them gain peace-of-mind
when it comes to their taxes. Audit Assistance covers my clients in the event of an audit
and saves them money because I don't have to spend hours of time with the IRS.
I could never offer those services at such a low rate."
- Kimberly D.
"I’ve been preparing taxes nationwide for years.
Nearly all of my clients get Tax Protection Plus because
it provides the best support for IRS audits and identity theft."
- Jacqulin M.
How to Register Clients
It's simple to register your client. Select your product to see how.
For ProConnect Tax Online
Help Give Your Clients
Peace of Mind This Tax Season
Free for you and just $44.95 for your clients.
- Audit Assistance membership may be cancelled for any reason provided that Tax Protection Plus is notified in writing at Tax Protection Plus, PO Box 24279, Winston Salem, NC 27114 or by phone (866-942-8348), within the first 30 days of tax payer’s membership. Exclusions apply.
- EXCLUSIONS: Not included or covered with Audit Assistance and Tax Reimbursement services are Non-resident federal returns; returns other than individual 1040, including corporate, partnership, trust, estate, gift, and employment returns; Returns in which the tax payer or preparer had knowledge of additional taxes owed as of the date of enrollment in the Audit Assistance program; Returns prepared with gross negligence, recklessness, intentional misrepresentation or fraud; Local returns; Returns that have become subject to IRS criminal investigations; IRS inquiries related to returns that address foreign income, flow-through entities (partnership and s-corporates as reported on Schedule K), court awards and damages, bartering income, cancelled debt, estate, and gift tax; Foreign tax credit, plug-in electric vehicle credit, residential energy efficient property credit, mortgage interest credit, credit to holders of tax credit bonds, health coverage tax credit, “Credit” for prior year minimum tax or excess Social Security tax or railroad retirement tax withheld; IRS inquiries and audits related to the Affordable Care Act. Tax reimbursement not available if Taxpayer or preparer provided incomplete, incorrect, or misleading information, or recklessly failed to include W-2, 1099, or any other taxable income on the return, or inability to provide sufficient records to support any item on the return. Tax debt audit assistance requires that Taxpayer meet all IRS guidelines for approval and pay all associated governmental fees.
- Using Pay-by-Refund to pay for Tax Protection Plus' membership fee is not available in Lacerte or ProConnect Tax Online. Clients that use Pay-by-Refund and enroll in Protection Plus must pay for their TPP membership fees at the time of tax preparation.
- Pay-by-Refund or refund transfer program (“Program”) participation available to eligible ProSeries and Lacerte customers for a limited time only. Program participants (will be designated to an incentive category as determined by Intuit and) can depending on the software used, may earn a $10 credit or other incentive as outlined in the table below for every federal funded Pay-by-Refund transaction that is filed from January 1st through the 1040 tax filing deadline of the then-current Tax Year through either of the following banks: Santa Barbara Tax Products Group, Refund Advantage, Republic Bank, or River City Bank (each a “Participating Bank”). To be eligible participants must adopt industry refund transfer best practice principles by charging customary and reasonable processing fees, and federal returns must be transmitted to the IRS using a single account and EFIN. Federal returns that are rejected by the IRS, or deemed fraudulent, or a result of identity theft are not eligible for credit under the Program. If software and a user eligible for credits, aggregate credits payment will be delivered from Participating Banks by May 31st of the current year. A $39.95 one-time bank set up fee applies to each federal Pay-by-Refund transaction. Additional fees apply to state Pay-by-Refund filings. Offer may be terminated or modified in Intuit’s discretion and Program and software terms and conditions, including available features, credits, pricing, and support are subject to change without notice. You must meet certain minimum funded Pay-by-Refund transaction thresholds in order to be eligible to qualify for free or discounted software.
Incentive Criteria Incentive Payment Tax Year 14 NEW customers eligible for FREE ProSeries software offers $10 on all federal funded Pay-by-Refund transactions filed through the 1040 tax filing deadline of the then-current Tax Year. Tax Year 15 NEW customers eligible for FREE ProSeries software offers $10 on all federal funded Pay-by-Refund transactions over 50 (for ProSeries 1040 Complete or ProSeries Power Tax Library) or 25 (for ProSeries Basic Unlimited) filed through the 1040 tax filing deadline of the then-current Tax Year. Tax Year 16 and Tax Year 17 NEW customers eligible for FREE ProSeries software offers $10 on all federal funded Pay-by-Refund transactions filed over 50 (for ProSeries 1040 Complete or ProSeries Power Tax Library) filed through the 1040 tax filing deadline of the then-current Tax Year. Tax Year 14, Tax Year 15, Tax Year 16, and Tax Year 17 NEW customers eligible for ProSeries Pay-by-Refund software offers $10 on all federal funded Pay-by-Refund transactions filed through the 1040 tax filing deadline of the then-current Tax Year. All other ProSeries and Lacerte customers eligible for credit incentive $10 on all federal funded Pay-by-Refund transactions filed through the 1040 tax filing deadline of the then-current Tax Year beyond the number of Pay-by-Refund transactions funded in the prior Tax Year.
New customers may be eligible to receive free ProSeries software by meeting the following eligibility requirements:
- Must show initial proof of minimum of 50 federal funded Pay-by-Refund transactions in the prior Tax Year.
- Must complete minimum of 50 federal funded Pay-by-Refund transactions through Participating Banks by the 1040 tax filing deadline each tax year covered under the Term of the agreement.
- Must file the first federal Pay-by-Refund transaction within the 1st week of e-File each year of the Term.
- Free software will be upgrade equivalent of the original software version purchased via the initial order Quote.
New customers may be eligible for ProSeries Pay-by-Refund software offers by meeting the following requirements:
- Must show initial proof of minimum of 20 federal funded Pay-by-Refund transactions in the prior Tax Year.
- Must complete minimum of 20 federal funded Pay-by-Refund transactions through Participating Banks by the 1040 tax filing deadline each tax year covered under the Term of the agreement.
To be eligible to receive any incentive compensation under this Program, the IRS requires Intuit to prepare a 1099. You will need to provide Intuit certain information, including: a) Tax Identification Number or Social Security Number, and b). Firm name, primary contact, address, phone number, and email address. Failure to provide any of this information may result in your incentive payment being withheld, delayed or cancelled.
Cash Advance is not offered through the Pay-by-Refund Program.